Education & Training University Lecturer
Engineering Technical Writing
Science & Technology Scientist/Researcher
Photonics research made its debut in the University of Malaya with the construction of the University very first laser in 1979. Under the guidance of Prof Dr. Harith Ahmad ,the laboratory ventured outward, further expanding the research activities of the Photonics Laboratory to encompass not only lasers but also fiber optic devices and planar waveguide circuits since 1995. Since 1995, the laboratory has strived to be an academic and research center of excellence for the development of the filed of photonics in Malaysia. As an academic institution, the laboratory has managed to produce over 30 successful post-graduate degree students as well as over 300 hundred publications in international referred journals and conference proceedings and has also acquired 10 patents for fiber optic devices. In 2012. PRC had been award Higher Institutions Centre of Excellence (HICoE) by Mohe.
- Lecture and postgraduate student supervision
- Research and product development.
- Patent and paper publications.
- Grant application
- A candidate must possess a Ph.D. degree, in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics preferably in the field of photonics/optics or any equivalent Ph.D. degree from internationally recognized universities.
- Have a proven track record in product development.
- Have at least three (3) international journal publications (ISI-cited).
- Well organized, excellent communication and ability to execute administrative support functions.
- Multi-task and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Preferably first class honour in the B.Sc / B.Eng.
Terms Of Employment:
Contract (12 months). Can be extended to longer term.
There is no need to provide payment or bank account details to any person or organisation when applying for a job.