Corporate Legal Counsel
Tesco Stores (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - Kuala Lumpur,Menjalara, Kepong, Malaysia
- Providing a broad range of general commercial legal support to the business which will include the following types of work
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Interpretation of existing contractual arrangements and standard terms and conditions
- Developing precedent agreements
- Interpreting relevant legislation, regulation and case law
- Helping to resolve legal disputes and advising on a wide range of legal issues for these business areas
- Assist in litigious matters and liaising with external solicitor.
- Support the development of policy, procedures and compliance frameworks across the business to support risk and compliance management.
- Developing and delivering appropriate training and guidance for specific business areas where required.
- Ensuring that all external legal advice is provided in a cost effective way including managing and the outsourcing of that work.
- Developing closer working relationship with key stakeholders across the business units and taking a proactive approach in supporting the management of legal risks within those units.
- Supporting Senior Legal Counsel in achieving legal objectives and the overall legal plans.
- Degree in Law with 3 years working experience in legal firm or in-house legal function. Experience in litigation would be an advantage
- Experience of managing high value negotiations with sound commercial judgement
- Proven record of legal risk management
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate, proficient in MS software with strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Good presentation and training capabilities
Company Description"An Opportunity To Get On" TESCO entered the market in Malaysia in year 2002 and currently operates at various locations in Puchong, Klang, Mutiara Damansara, Malacca, Sg Petani, Penang, Ipoh, Shah Alam, Kajang, Ampang, Banting, Seri Alam, Seremban, Taiping, Cheras, Selayang, Kota Bharu, Mergong Alor Setar, Pelentong Johor, Kampar and Setia Alam. With more than 80 years of successful international retail experience, we have developed a unique management style that has helped the business prospered and grew with the times.
Have a look at our suggestion:
Additional Job Information
Posting Date: 29 Feb 2012
Closing Date: 15 Apr 2012
Employment Type: Permanent
No. of Vacancies: 1
Tesco Stores (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Head Office, Level 3, No. 3 Jalan 7A/62A,
52200 Kuala Lumpur
Disclaimer: Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you are selected, the hiring employer will contact you directly for the position advertised. JenJOBS.com does not have further information regarding the position advertised by the hiring employer.