3D Graphic Designer
Advertising/Media/Arts/Entertainment > Others
Established in 8.8.88 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, X2 pioneered event management in Malaysia. Our revolutionary work helped launch some of the nation's most momentous projects spanning over two decades involving 4 Prime Ministers, Royalty, CEO's of public listed companies and other prime players of the corporate world. 22 years later, using imagination and expertise, X2 International Imagix Experts reimages, repositions and rebrands the world's largest companies through corporate communication, effective marketing and the world's best launch concepts. We help to identify and capitalise on consumer trends, sharpening companies' focus while achieving conceptual flexibility in order to attain and maintain our clients' competitive edge. X2 manages on a turnkey basis from concept to execution of the entire branding process. This includes strategic planning, conceptualising, designing and finally bringing the brand to life
A graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions.
Their designs are required for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual 'brand'.
A graphic designer works to a brief agreed with the client, creative director or account manager. They develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client's objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Summary of essential job functions
- General Duties
- A graphic designer's job may involve managing more than one design brief at a time and allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job. Typical activities include:
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Interpreting the client's business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Working on layouts and artwork pages ready for print;
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Developing interactive design;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Graphic Design/Architecture/Interior Design/Engineering (Industrial), Advertising/Media, Art/Design/Creative Multimedia, or equivalent.
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): 3D Studio Max, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Preferably Senior Executive specialized in Arts/Creative/Graphics Design or equivalent.
There is no need to provide payment or bank account details to any person or organisation when applying for a job.