Hotel General Manager
Vocational Work & Other Services
The manager of a larger hotel may have less contact with guests but spends most of his time meeting heads of department to coordinate and monitor the progress of business strategies. In medium hotels, the manager is involved in the day to day running of the hotel, including carrying out reception duties. Most hotel managers are self-employed. Hence they set their own responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets.
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff.
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
- Meeting and greeting customers.
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments.
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly.
- Supervising maintanence, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers.
- Ensuring security if effective.
- Carrying out inspections of property and services.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. As long as you have an interest and passion to work in a brand, new soon-to-be famous hotel, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY. Of course, merit will be given to candidates with relevant experience, previous working experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, strong sales and marketing background for the service industry. However, as specified, ALL POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE and we are hiring across the BOARD. So please apply and come in for an interview as soon as possible as places are filling up quickly. If in doubt, send us an email or call in and we will gladly answer any questions.
Hotel General Manager skills required to be successful in this field of work are:
- Friendly personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accurately record information
- Enjoys working with and helping people
- Education and qualifications
- Should have at least a bachelor's degree in business, hotel, or hospitality management
The prospects are extremely promising as we are hiring the pioneering staff over the next 2 months and all who join the pioneer team will have a better chance of PROMOTION and INCREMENT.
- Interest and passion to work in a brand, new hotel.
- Proactive, hardworking, responsible, self-motivated and result oriented
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Relevant working experience in the hospitality industry or related service industry will be advantageous.
There is no need to provide payment or bank account details to any person or organisation when applying for a job. If this job looks suspicious to you, kindly call JenJOBS.com customer service at +603-7493 5999 / 5996.